Passage 1 Questions
Choose the correct heading for each paragraph from the list of headings below.
- A unique sensory experience
- Getting back to basics
- The gift that keeps on giving
- Variations in alcohol content
- Old methods of transportation
- Culinary applications
- Making kefir
- A fortunate accident
- Kefir gets an image makeover
- Ways to improve taste
1 Section A
2 Section B
3 Section C
4 Section D
5 Section E
6 Section F
7 Section G
Answer the questions below using NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS from the passage for each answer.
8 What do kefir grains look like?
9 What needs to happen to kefir while it is ripening?
10 What will the yeast cultures have consumed before kefir is ready to drink?
11 The texture of kefir in the mouth is similar to what?
Questions 12 and 13 Choose TWO letters, A–E..
Which TWO products are NOT mentioned as things which kefir can replace?
Passage 2 Questions
Reading passage 2
Reading passage 2
Choose the correct heading for paragraphs A–H from the list of headings below.
- A historical delicacy
- The poor may benefit
- Presentation is key to changing attitudes
- Environmentally friendly production
- Tradition meets technology
- A cultural pioneer
- Western practices harm locals
- Good source of nutrients
- Growing popularity
- A healthy choice
- A safety risk
14 Section A
15 Section B
16 Section C
17 Section D
18 Section E
19 Section F
20 Section G
21 Section H
Questions 22 to 26
Choose NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS from the passage for each answer.
• Insects are cleaner & do not release as many harmful gases • Insects use food intake economically in the production of protein as they waste less 22
• Traditional knowledge could be combined with modern methods for mass production instead of just covering 23 • This could help 24; people gain access to world markets.
• Due to increased 25 more children in Mali are suffering from 26
27 My most important concern is that my partner is happy.
28 I enjoy having many romantic partners.
29 I feel that my partner and I were always going to end up together.
30 I want to be friends first and then let romance develop later.
31 I always feel either very excited or absolutely miserable about my relationship.
32 I prefer to keep many aspects of my love life to myself.
33 When I am in love, that is all I can think about.
34 I know before I meet someone what qualities I need in a partner.
List of loves styles
write YES if the statement agrees with the claims of the writer NO if the statement contradicts the claims of the writer NOT GIVEN if it is impossible to say what the writer thinks about this
35 People’s notions of love affect their relationships, rather than vice versa.
36 Some of our love stories are more important to us than others.
37 Our love stories can change to meet the needs of particular social environments.
38 We look for romantic partners with a love story just like our own.
39 The most successful partners have matching love stories.
40 No love story is more suited to a long relationship than any other.